Addiction treatment is a complicated issue. On the one hand, an epidemic is killing more people than ever.On the other hand, forcing someone into addiction treatment can be dangerous and ineffective. … read more
I was driving home from running errands the other day when an ad came on the radio for seasonal beverages at the liquor store. Even though this is my third sober holiday season, I still notice signs … read more
After we moved in with Misty and her family I did my best to build a solid foundation for my daughter and I. I truly had the best intentions when it came to being a strong mother and role model for my … read more
My hands were trembling, and my stomach was a mess of butterflies as I unbuckled the car seat and bounced my daughter over my hip. I desperately wished I had a drink to calm my nerves. Lately, purse … read more
I was actually looking for a tattoo artist the day I found Misty on a local Facebook moms group. I wanted to feel beautiful again, and not so much like the exhausted new mom I was. Not only was I na … read more
- Reasons Why Forced Addiction Treatment Fails
- I No Longer Know the Location of Every Liquor Store, and I Don’t Need To!
- This week, I am celebrating two years of continuous sobriety!
- The Invitation - I was instigating change with my behavior and as far as I was concerned, no one could stop me.
- Seeking Refuge - I was starting to feel like an intruder in my own home.