As the need for behavioral intervention and long-term psychiatric care steadily rises, healthcare medics are employing alternative, more effective treatment approaches to fulfill this increasing injun … read more
Addiction treatment is a complicated issue. On the one hand, an epidemic is killing more people than ever.On the other hand, forcing someone into addiction treatment can be dangerous and ineffective. … read more
As we wrap up the first week of 2023, and for many, the first week of Dry January, I find myself pondering a few things: If I could embody the woman I want to be this year, what would she be like? Wh … read more
I was driving home from running errands the other day when an ad came on the radio for seasonal beverages at the liquor store. Even though this is my third sober holiday season, I still notice signs … read more
After we moved in with Misty and her family I did my best to build a solid foundation for my daughter and I. I truly had the best intentions when it came to being a strong mother and role model for my … read more
- Benefits of Group Therapy for Addiction Treatment
- Reasons Why Forced Addiction Treatment Fails
- Why I'm Saying "No" to New Year's Resolutions and Picking a Word of the Year
- I No Longer Know the Location of Every Liquor Store, and I Don’t Need To!
- This week, I am celebrating two years of continuous sobriety!